Smoked trout and watercress linguini 28 September 2015
400 g linguini
1 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300 ml crème fraiche
2 tsp horseradish sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
100 g watercress, washed
½ lemon, juiced
2 smoked trout fillets
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a sauté pan and fry the garlic for 2 minutes or until fragrant but not coloured.
- Stir in the crème fraiche, horseradish and mustard and heat until bubbling. Stir in the watercress and as soon as it starts to wilt, take the pan off the heat.
- Break the trout into big flakes and fold it through the sauce, then season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of the pasta cooking water.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it well and toss with the sauce. Divide between four warm bowls and serve immediately.