Smoked trout, wakame and avocado salad 28 September 2015
150 g fresh wakame
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 avocado, peeled, halved and stoned
2 kiln smoked trout fillets with lime leaf, chilli and coriander
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ lime, juiced
½ tbsp sesame oil
- Wash the wakame in a large bowl of cold water, then drain well and repeat to remove any salt. Cut the wakame into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan until golden, then tip onto a piece of kitchen paper and leave to cool.
- Use a mandolin or sharp knife to cut the cucumber and radishes into very thin slices and arrange on four plates with the wakame.
- Cut the avocado into cubes and break the trout fillets into bite-sized pieces then arrange on top and sprinkle over the chilli.
- Stir the sugar into the soy sauce to dissolve, then whisk in the lime juice and sesame oil and drizzle over the salads. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.